Doctor Who tropes I’m tired of seeing:
- Strong Sassy Woman™
- Putting blind faith in the Doctor
- Marriage = bickering
- Offensive, inaccurate descriptors when talking about Clara
- The Doctor reminding everyone he’s smarter than them
- Recycling old ideas and playing it off as homage
- Aliens not understanding human customs despite having spent significant time on Earth
I’m trying hard to live by Cat Principles.
1- I am glorious above all things
2- Eat when hungry, sleep when sleepy, play when bored
3- Affection is given and received on my terms and only mine
4- Show displeasure clearly.
6- Demand the things you want. If they aren’t given, demand them again, but louder this time.
7- If you are touched when you don’t want to be, say so. If they continue to touch you, make them bleed.